ISO 3834 deals with quality requirements in welding and has been prepared in order to identify the necessary controls and procedures. ISO 3834 is not a quality system standard intended to take the place of ISO 9001, but a useful, additional tool for use when ISO 9001 is applied by manufacturers.It provides a method to demonstrate the capability of a manufacturer or fabricator to meet quality requirements of a specification, a product standard, or a regulatory requirement and global recognition and assurance of welding competence.
What you can expect?
- ISO 3834 contains three levels of requirements: ISO 3834-2 Comprehensive Quality Requirements; ISO 3834-3 Standard Quality Requirements; and ISO 3834-4 Elementary Quality Requirements
- Provides an authoritative, third-party confirmation of welding capability and staff competence
- Improved client confidence leading to a reduction in external audits
- Quality management and welding capability assessments carried out by certified quality auditors who are also certified in weld inspection
- Increased national and international business potential; facilitates conformity to international standards referencing ISO 3834
- Benefits for clients of certified fabricators:
- Expertly-led, independent assessment of suppliers
- In-depth, authoritative evaluation of fabricator capability
- Consistent assessment and uniform presentation of information and data
- Certification to ISO 3834 can be accomplished independently or together with ISO 9001.
We can provide certification services to either one or both of these standards.
ISO 9001 Quality Management System Requirements contain elements that can be implemented in any organization.
ISO 3834 Quality Requirements for Fusion Welding contain elements specific to the welding process as well as several of the key elements of ISO 9001.