ISO 9001: 2015-Quality management system
ISO 9001 is a Quality Management Standard. It suits all organization large or small and covers all sectors, including charities and the voluntary sector. It aims to help organization become structured and efficient.
ISO 9001:2015 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization
- needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and
- aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
All requirements of ISO 9001:2015 are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size and product provided.
Benefits of being certified to ISO 9001?
- Customer satisfaction: Deliver products that consistently meet customer requirements.
- Reduced operating costs: Continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies mean money saved.
- Improved stakeholder relationships: Improve the perception of your organization with staff, customers and suppliers.
- Legal compliance: Understand how statutory and regulatory requirements impact your organization and its customers.
- Ability to win more business: Procurement specifications often require certification as a condition to supply, so certification opens doors.
- Improved risk management: Greater consistency and traceability of products and services means problems are easier to avoid and rectify.
- Proven business credentials: Independent verification against a globally recognized industry standard speaks volumes.