ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management
ISO 45001:2018 replaces OHSAS 18001:2007 as the globally recognised Occupational Health and Safety Management System certification standard. While it is similar to OHSAS 18001, the new ISO 45001 standard adopts the Annex SL top-level framework of all new and revised ISO management system standards.
it is internationally accepted as a method of assessing and auditing occupational health and safety management systems. Developed by leading trade and international standards bodies, it provides a framework for organisations to instigate proper and effective management of health & safety in the workplace.
By having a clearly defined management system in place to identify and control health and safety risks, organizations are able to minimize risks to their workforce and visitors or external contractors on their premises. The standard will enable organizations to put in place processes for continually reviewing and improving occupational health and safety.
Key areas that will be assessed by ISO 45001:2018 certification
- Management systems in place
- Planning and risk assessment
- Staff training and awareness
- Communication of safety management systems
- Response to emergency situations
- Monitoring and continual improvement
- Provides an effective way of guaranteeing the safety and health of your staff while allowing your company to attract the best skilled professionals in your area of operations.
- A charter that helps to develop the necessary risk mitigation measures that prevent potential disasters in the future.
- Through comprehensive risk assessment criteria the ISO 45001:2018 presents an opportunity for organizations to identify weaknesses in their production systems that may expose their staff to potential risk.
- 18001:2007 has been critical in promoting the development of an inclusive risk protection and occupational health and safety policy for organizations in the world.
- Through a good risk assessment on the organization processes, there has been considerable development of cost-effective production.