ISO 3834 deals with quality requirements in welding and has been prepared in order to identify the necessary controls and procedures. ISO 3834 is not a quality system standard intended to take the place of ISO 9001, but a useful, additional tool for use when ISO 9001 is applied by manufacturers.It provides a method to demonstrate the capability of a manufacturer or fabricator to meet quality requirements of a specification, a product standard, or a regulatory requirement and global recognition and assurance of welding competence.
What you can expect?
- ISO 3834 contains three levels of requirements: ISO 3834-2 Comprehensive Quality Requirements; ISO 3834-3 Standard Quality Requirements; and ISO 3834-4 Elementary Quality Requirements
- Provides an authoritative, third-party confirmation of welding capability and staff competence
- Improved client confidence leading to a reduction in external audits
- Quality management and welding capability assessments carried out by certified quality auditors who are also certified in weld inspection
- Increased national and international business potential; facilitates conformity to international standards referencing ISO 3834
- Benefits for clients of certified fabricators:
- Expertly-led, independent assessment of suppliers
- In-depth, authoritative evaluation of fabricator capability
- Consistent assessment and uniform presentation of information and data
- Certification to ISO 3834 can be accomplished independently or together with ISO 9001.