ISO 20121- Sustainable Event Management
ISO 20121 is a management system standard that has been designed to help organizations in the events industry improve the sustainability of their event related activities, products and services.
- Continue to be financially successful
- Become more socially responsible
- Reduce its environmental footprint
- Boost employee motivation, attract best talent and improve retention
- Enhance reputation and strengthen relationships with key clients, suppliers, partners and other external stakeholders who hold similar values
- Achieve costs savings with respect to material consumption, waste and energy
- Reduce carbon emissions over the entire event supply chain
- Strengthen the position of the organization within the community
Benefits of being certified to ISO 20121 ?
As ISO 20121 is simply a business management framework, adopting it can bring a number of internal benefits to an organization including:
- Clarity of purpose and strategy resulting in a more energized and aligned workforce
- More integrated management and joined up thinking resulting in improved efficiencies and stronger teamwork
- Simpler, clearer and more effective systems and processes
- it will enable an organization to differentiate itself in the marketplace and hence improve their chance of winning new business.
- Major public sector and private sector clients are referencing ISO 20121 in their tender documents as they work to ensure that their own sustainability policies are being implemented.